About the Products
Every effort has gone into researching and selecting all our gifts. Many of the products chosen are based on our own experience of chemotherapy and surgery as well as that of health professionals we consulted and family and friends who kindly shared their knowledge and experience. The starting point has always been to source exceptional products, free from sulphates, parabens and preservatives, that are not only expertly made, but most importantly, effective. Many of our suppliers are small independent makers who share our commitment and passion for beautifully made, natural and therapeutic products, using sustainable materials that are also kind to our environment.
- Body butters, lotions, calendula creams and balms are highly effective for extremely dry, irritated, inflamed and sensitive skin as well as rashes, cuts, scars and post radiation and post surgery skin.
- Super soft bamboo flannels and charcoal soaps are renowned for their naturally anti-bacterial properties and their ability to help eliminate toxins and impurities from the body.
- Soft-headed toothbrushes and fluoride free toothpaste are gentle for sore, irritated gums and ulcerated mouths.
- Hand held massagers stimulate blood flow, help prevent peripheral neuropathy as well as ease any general aches, pains, muscle and joint stiffness.
- Aromatherapy roller balls can help bring a sense of calm, aid relaxation as well as provide an energy boost through their easy application.
- Nail varnishes are free from DBP, toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, and camphor and can help mask dry, brittle, discoloured nails.
- Bath oils can aid relaxation, help ease muscle aches, shift toxins, improve circulation as well help keep skin soft and moisturised.
- Natural sea sponges provide extra gentle and frothy luxury to your bathing ritual.
- Cosy socks, eye masks, wrist warmers, hats, blankets, scarfs and wraps are not only practical, luxurious and comforting, they can help regulate any temperature changes you may experience.
- Notebooks, colouring books, pencils and puzzles are a useful distraction, help keep boredom at bay and keep your mind active - especially if you are suffering from 'chemo fog'. They are also really effective at helping to reduce anxiety.
- Herbal teas packed with vitamins and antioxidants can help ease stomach upsets, neutralise taste changes that may occur, flush out toxins, ease insomnia and anxiety as well as support any loss of appetite. Sipped throughout the day they also help keep you hydrated.
- Honey is rich in flavonoids and antioxidants and is known for its anti-bacterial, immune-boosting properties. it can help ease ulcerated mouths, coughs and sore throats and give you a much-needed energy boost.
Making Sure Our Products Are Right For You
The information we provide about the products on our site is provided for your general information only. We always recommend that you check with a health professional if you are at all unsure about using any of our products.
If you have any allergies, please be sure to read the labels carefully. We also recommend that you store any beauty products in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and keep an eye on the sell by date as natural products tend to have a shorter shelf life than products made with synthetic ingredients.